Thursday, January 24, 2008

PIRATE TIME!!!!

One of the biggest festivals going on right now in Tampa, FL is the Gasparilla Pirate Fest...yes you heard correct"PIRATE FEST". I am supposedly going this weekend (we will see). It is suppose to be a lot of fun. They have a water invasion in the morning were thousands of boats flood the Hillsborough Bay, including the pirate ship of Joe Gaspar and his buccaneers (whoever he is...).
Then they have lots of rides, food, drinks, live bands, and drunk people (hehe). It started last weekend with a "kids" festival, which = no alcohol. Then they have the festival this weekend for big people...and then they have something next weekend which is suppose to be like the "mardi gra" of Florida. However, I heard to stay away from that because it is in Ybor City (which is sketchy) and lots of crazy stuff goes on.
So that is my adventure for this weekend. Marc and his friend may be coming down to join in the fun. He also has a friend from the area, so I will probably go with them. I am sure I will blog about it on Sunday.
Here is a video to enjoy.

1 comment:

One Harley Rider said...

Eye Eye Matey !!!!! Arrrgh !!!